View Single Post

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Westland Lysander Mk II

I got a fever! And the only cure is more cowbell! No wait! I mean more Maly Modelarz! After struggling through the MM Raiden kit;
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945 (incase you were fortunate enough to miss it!)
I decided that I had been unfairly fortunate in the fact that my assigned MM kit was less pain-ridden than many of my fellow contestants. My guilt was insurmountable as I witnessed others' pain. I decided, in my heart, that I had not suffered enough. And after a very fair and sage ruling from the Source of Internal Contest Knowlege (SICK) , I decided to struggle onward beside my compatriots or die a martyr to the cause.
After filtering through my available options, I selected a number of possibilities, all MM models from the 93-98 period. I entrusted my 14 year-old daughter, Dana The Great, with the final selection. She is wise for her age. While I had hoped for the simplest option, the MM Me163 Comet, and feared the most complex, the MM Arado 196, she sagely chose the MM Westland Lysander of 12/97.

A good choice, at the outset at least, definitely a more complex model than the Raiden. The printing leaves something to be desired, but it's workable. The paper "seems" a bit better than the Raiden, but I could be wrong. And it's an aircraft I've always had a soft spot for. One of the unsung heroes of the British effort, IMHO.
I haven't done an overwing plane before, so this should be enlightening.
Chris