View Single Post

Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post
This strikes me just like those audiophiles who claim they can tell the difference between a $100 stereo and their $5000 tuner with $3000 speakers. Which ain't so... The human ear just isn't that sensitive. I'm not entirely sure what cardstock you've been using, but not one of the colored stocks I have ever used is any different in texture, feel, fiber, grain, or any other characteristic than any other cardstock I have used. The only differences were in weight.
Wow!! I've finally been accused of being "high brow" at something in my life!! I gotta show my wife this one;-) At least it's for something important, like card stock.

I've only noticed this problem when trying to make a smooth tight curve with no actual "sharp bend" in the surface. Like the curved leading edge of a wing. The colored stock I've used curves in small increments. breaking every mm or 2 and leaving small fractures along the places where the curvature is at it's maximum...... I typically use 65lb stock.

I'm going to try to find the stock you mentioned. Thanks for the advice.

And keep in mind, that each of us see's the world a little differently than anyone else. Maybe I'm very a-tuned to finer changes in texture and color than the average person......a paperphile you could say;-)