View Single Post

Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Make no mistake... I've not "accused" you of anything. I'm merely drawing an example, that I don't think there is enough noticeable difference in the paper. They are all manufactured the same way, so that there couldn't be any notable difference. I've worked in a paper mill, one that actually produces cardstock, so I know that there is no appreciable difference.

If you're having trouble getting smooth curves, it could be atmospheric, or it could be that you need to pre-form the part before you cut it out. I use one of Shrike's "Roly-Stik" tools, in addition to a few small pieces of nickel-steel rod of varying diameters that I have. AA and AAA batteries can also make good rolling tools.

I curved out the leading edge of a SPAD model done at 1/144 or so, by gently rolling the part around the wire from a coat hanger. I didn't get any issues, it rolled out fine, and looked okay to me even under my jeweler's magnifier. I'm not entirely sure why you're getting problems, the paper shouldn't be so stiff that you can't manipulate it into shape.