View Single Post

Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
FGMM Panavia Tornado

Just so I have a presence in this contest, I began building the FG Panavia Tornedo last weekend at our Paper Modelers' Army Heritage Days display. The photos below show the progress of Sunday morning. I doubt that I will have time to work on it before Lil and I leave for France, where I am giving a paper on Army Amphibious Operations at a Korean War history conference. However, it's such a simple model that I hope to be able to finish it between the time we return and the end of the contest.

Incidentally, I'm curious about the color and markings. The aircraft has no numbers, but it is in the colors of No. 229 Operational Conversion Unit (crossed sword and torch on the vertical stabilizer, yellow and red squadron colors on the fuselage). I have never seen a 229 OCU Tornado in Desert Pink. They seemed to mostly be in overall light gray. Can one of the markings mavens enlighten me?

Don
Attached Thumbnails
FGMM Panavia Tornado-tornedo-001.jpg   FGMM Panavia Tornado-tornedo-004.jpg   FGMM Panavia Tornado-tornedo-005.jpg   FGMM Panavia Tornado-tornedo-colors-a01.jpg   FGMM Panavia Tornado-tornedo-colors-a02.jpg  

FGMM Panavia Tornado-tornedo-colors-a03.jpg