View Single Post

Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Don, thanks for the info! If you guys didn't give me the history lessons I would probably never know what exactly it was that i am building :D

Carl, I don't really like long models either but all the things i like tend to be long so it is a necessary evil I guess! I actually did exactly what you suggested with the pieces in the corners. Your Charlemagne build thread (as well as any other thread by you) is a great source of info, as well as beautiful subjects and fine builds!

Jim, you have a thread anywhere on your Lexington? I would really love to see it. My instructions called for 1mm formers but would have done alot better with 2mm. I too was stiff and sore from cutting out formers, it took about 2 days to get full feeling back in my left hand after all the cutting :D

Barry, It is a good thing that it is all gonna be covered up because mine is UGLY! Didn't think of adding extra spines, that is a great idea and I will probably use it if i run into this problem again.
And don't worry about the non technical suggestions, those are usually the best ones and I probably wouldn't understand anything technical anyways :p

Cardmodeler, This model would probably benefit greatly from 2mm wooden formers (and a better builder than me). Other than that the build is really not that difficult so don't be afraid to give it a go.

Pictures are uploading now so I will have an update with pictures in a few minutes!