View Single Post

Old 05-24-2010, 12:36 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Next come the wings which consist of a center section, and the two outer wings. I made the outer wings first, lightly scoring the leading edges and the grey glue tabs that join them to the center section. I left the underside flat, and then curled the topside into an airfoil shape. Then I joined the trailing edges with a thin bead of glue. With the outer wings done, I moved on to the center section. I lightly scored the leading edge of this piece, and poked a couple of holes for the landing gear. I glued a 1mm thick block over the holes to insert the landing gear into later. Then I glued the underside of the outer wings to the center section.

The Dauntless had a pretty extreme dihedral, so I made a very simple jig to help me get the wingtips elevated to the correct angle.

With an outer wing resting on the jig, and the center section held down flat, I pulled the center section flap up and over and glued it to the outer wing and trailing edge. Then I weighted the center section, and let the glue dry. Repeat for other wing.

Moreto come shortly.