View Single Post

Old 06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
OK! Got a little more done on it last night. I did a few things different in this area than called for by the model.

First I cut off the tabs on the bottom part - I figured I could get a better clean edge along the bottom by doing an edge join. Result - passable. I did not do a great job on the edge join. I think the result would have been better had I left the tabs on. But this is the kind of practice I need

Second and more advanced upgrade was replacing the gray area with red river silver paper. This had the same failure point as the remainder that I did not get the edge glued very well. particularly noticable where it rounds up into the front forms (see pic 3) I will be able to trim that a bit and use the silver sharpie to cover it up I do believe so nothing major there for me to fix.

As noted by Billy - RR paper is EXTREMELY susceptible to the slightest bit of glue on the printed (silver) surface - its definitely different to work with than other types of paper.
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-p1040336.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-p1040337.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-p1040338.jpg