View Single Post

Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Jeff...this is it, I'm goin' in!

I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your fuel tank idea as I thought it was fantastic :) This model, so far, has proven to be a lot of fun. I noticed that if you stay to the inside of all the former lines it's smooth sailing. The cockpit gauges are make believe as I couldn't really find *any* e.III that looked like the one that came with the kit. I did see a *lack* of gauges on pictures of the real thing so anyone's guess is good :) The cowling is done the same way as the one I did for the d.VI. I might re-do it as it's not as nice as I'd like it to be. Jeff, I think that the additional segment you added to yours made a huge difference. Next are the seat and control column and then we'll close this puppy up. The two side cockpit formers seem to be out of whack size-wise. Anyone else have that problem? I can't wait to get to the rigging! I've been reading alot about wing warping and it's a really neat way of steering an airplane. I always wondered about all the rigging on the e.III and now I know!

More to come
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-2.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-3.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-4.jpg