View Single Post

Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Guys
Quote:
Looks like you had a easier time with part 12. I had a heck of a time getting that on the formers
Jeff, I didn't have any problems at all....I was really wondering about the side cockpit panels (part 10) I had to cut a strip out of mine to get it to fit correctly where #11 (the top of the fuselage)rests on it. I bet these issues were all documented somewhere either elsewhere in English or on one of the European forums. It's fun to play as we go though

I did as Chris did and cut off the joining tabs on the bottom fuselage skin and edge glued it all. I'm not as happy as I wanted to be with it but it will do. There is a slight twist in the frame too that drove me nuts when I was trying to glue the skins down. A second set of parts provided the small panels for the front end. I made a template from the part that they were cut out of to get the placement right. One can imagine the nightmare when the cowling goes on with those things in the wrong place! As usual the rigging was forgotten about....oh well..more fun later!! Douglas, I cant wait to see how you get your cowling on...I'm glad you're ahead of me so I can follow in your steps

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-5.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-6.jpg   Let the Fokker Scourge Begin!-fokker_eiii_udet-7.jpg