Thread: 1/700 USS Essex
View Single Post

Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
Gentelmen;

Your all too kind with your words of encouragment. The kit was an old Fujimi Seaway kit that I picked up at the local HS on the bargin shelf. I like the older kits and the work that goes into them to bring them up to an OK model. I used odds and ends as far as left over PE parts and railing. It's a 1/700 scale and I passed the model on as a gift the a young man who also has an eye for military history.

I'm in the process of completing a 1/700 IJN Isuzu LC. I'm leaning more each build towards IJN ships. I think more of the IJN ships as an art form then a warship. Very classic designs and inovative.

All my ships right now are 1/700 and the scale is great for saving space in my office and den and also the cost is great. My next two builds are a IJN Kongo BS and a IJN Akagi AC. I have just recived the PE parts for both kits and I should be starting the Kongo in a couple of weeks. The Akagi will be after and will take my time with that one. I will give that one as a gift to a counterpart who also is an IJN addict.

With the help of my wife (learning photography as a hobby), I will post more photo's. My paper models have fallen by the wayside for a bit. My last couple of ones did not come out so well. I need to find an easy ship model to get my mojo going again with paper models. I worked on some plane models and found out that it's not my thing and I have a thing for ships.

Thanks again and will keep you guys posted with new models.
SERE Instructor 89-95