View Single Post

Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Yogi,

Woke up with an idea. Since I couldn't sleep after that, I drew the thing out.

New way of doing the internal PSI tube. Now it is a plug. Instead of being on the outside, it slips on the inside. Plug will use internal formers for mounting to inside of rocket shell. Will be just as long as the pressure tube. Plug is lighter, than the thrust tube.

Just like the carbon fiber shaft assembly, except it is made from cardstock and mounted to the rocket.

Raining like crazy so no way to test unless I print the test rocket from yupo, which I think I might.

BTW-I did the math after finding/using a pipe volume calculator and it looks like the launcher is approx. 0.24501 liters [18" + 6" + 30" long pieces]. The rocket with a 12" thrust tube is .05445 liters. So the total is 0.299460 liters as the rocket clears the launch pipe.

Will do a volume check next on the bottle after stomping by the method you have previously mentioned. To see how much of the 2-liter is really being used.

New way of doing PSI Plug removes the inside volume of the rocket. Problem is I don't know if it will hold up to the pressures... Already a couple of fixes planned it it doesn't.

If it works the next step will be to turn it into a platform the rocket sits on.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Last edited by mbauer; 07-13-2010 at 07:53 AM.