View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Not very happy right now. My girl is out of town for 4 days so that's why I'm building and why there have been no updates recently. The other reason is that although this kit seems to be accurate enough not much thought was put into assisting the builder.

The first pic shows the cockpit with the interior wall (part 6b) in place, if I were to make a suggestion I would I would advise you to put this part on before putting the formers in place. That way you can align the center mark on W5 (former in front of cockpit) with the tabs on 6b and maybe get yours straighter than I did. I'm going to have to trim 6b when I wrap the skin around it because white will be showing.

The second pic is of part 5 which is the fuselage section in front of the cockpit that has the exhaust stacks (holes already cut out and the portion of the landing gear bays (one shown assembled) that reside in the fuselage. I'm guessing that W in a white area on a part means you cut that part out. Well as you can see in the diagram there should be a square hole cut in the part (see red tick marks) but the white area with the W is not remotely square. If I'm guessing right you only cut the top of the white area to where I have the red lines drawn on the part then you have to cut down into the blue area that is part of the inboard gear door. Test fitting the gear bay into place seems to confirm this.

Not sure how the designer addressed this problem but I'm worried about how the top of the wing will glue to the fuselage with nothing to really support it if I cut the white area out.
Attached Thumbnails
My first GPM build-shell.jpg   My first GPM build-part5.jpg  

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels