View Single Post

Old 07-18-2010, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Side-by-Side B-17G Beta Build

A few months ago fellow forum member Ron40 asked me and Billy.leliveld if we would be interested in helping him out by doing a beta build of his B-17G model that he redesigned and added a fully detailed interior to. We both thought that it sounded like it would be a fun project and agreed to take on the challenge. We also thought that it would be a great opportunity to do a side-by-side build here on the forum sharing a single build thread.

I will be building the model in 1/48 scale printed on a traditional matte cover stock, while Billy will be building his version at 1/33 scale on Red River metallic paper. (can't wait to see that!)

After weeks of reviewing files, many telephone conversations, a bunch of private messages and dozens of emails, I thought I was all ready to go. That was until I realized that I had not printed out the latest, most up to date, color version. Now, I come to find out that I'm out of printer ink so I'll have to wait till tomorrow before I can start cutting. In the mean time I can show you the care package that Ron sent me which includes a complete set of Squadron vac-u-formed Crystal clear canopies in 1/48 scale which were made to fit the Monogram kit (These include the Cockpit canopy, ball turret, nose cone, upper turret, radio room hatch, astrodome and tail turret) He also included a pair of light weight foam wheels and a set of resin CW R-1820 engines. I can't wait to get moving on this. It's going to be fun.

That's all I have for now but stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Side-by-Side B-17G Beta Build-combat-photo-b-17g-379th-bg.jpg   Side-by-Side B-17G Beta Build-pict0326.jpg