View Single Post

Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I can see where someone might be tempted to throw this kit in the can. It's definitely a frustrating kit. The graphics aren't anything special, the fit is klunky, and the whole feel of it is of something cumbersome. Plus odd bits, like uncolored sections;

I appreciate the info on the glass piece in the cockpit, guys. Unfortunately, I had already grown tired of this kit and decided to finish it off quickly. I just did a rudimentarly piece to represent it;

Astonishingly, the kit does assemble into something resembling a Me 163.

But it's not a particularly satisfying model. Rather unexciting and frustrating.

Still, it's one more MM kit I no longer have to build! After the Lysander, this one was a piece of cake...frustrating and awkward, but straightforward. There are a lot of pieces that probably fit better than I fit them, but even in the hands of a much better modeler I don't think the model would look all that much better. The kit is OK, but just OK.
Anyway, completing another model was a great excuse for an adult beverage;

The MM fever seems to be passing. My head is clearing. I think it may be time to find a kit that is well- designed, well printed, and less frustrating! Oh, wait! There's still time before the deadline for another MM kit!:D:D
Chris