View Single Post

Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Clearing the shelves - again

Dropped off the space station set (Salyut, Skylab, MIR, ISS, Bigelow inflatable) along with the 1:100 scale Falcon 9/Dragon at the Emerald Coast Science Center. Up on a high shelf for now, we'll see how long it takes for the little fingers to eat-em-up.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-stationset.jpg

Did a few more stomp rockets for the workshops. Bigger fins on the Falcon9 better matches the size of the engine fairings and flies much better. Some graphics on one for the Science Center. And, if you stack two of the one-page rockets using a joiner strip in the middle, add good sized fins, and add a nosecone cribbed from the Bomarc you get a very high performance rocket. I almost lost it in the top of my 100+ foot pine tree on the first test with an easy stomp - need to find an open field and see how high it'll go.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-rocketset.jpg

Decided to make a more permanent display for the planets I use in the workshops - relative sizes of Earth, Mars (pretty small) and the Moon (really smaller). Also found some really interesting photo detailed globes that included all the Galilean Moons - pretty sure the link came from somebody's post on the forum (thank you, whoever you are!). The first is destined for the Emerald Coast Science Center, the Jupiter moons set may end up at the Planetarium ...

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-earthmoonmars.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-moonset.jpg

Yogi