View Single Post

Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Hurrah Boats, for walking us all through this wonderful model. Have built the Schreiber one, but have had my eye on this one for a long time.

By the way, Peter Zorn came to an earlier Paper Model convention as a guest, and regaled us with tales of his unpublished models, as well as the published ones. He gave a memorable illustrated talk about his Graduate arts thesis, which was a life sized paper replica of a Sherman tank, manned by replicas of members of the Art Department faculty dressed up in WW2 uniforms. He is able to get amazing effects reproducing finishes and effects - he had pictures of a WW2 Leica camera replica that REALLY looked like the real thing, even fooling people close up. I also remember a big airport diorama with a number of Trimotors, including one that was undergoing major motor maintenance. (If I remember right that was the result of a build that did not work our right). After that I thought, man, you really can do anything with paper, anything at all.

Regrettably, not filmed for Youtube posterity, though enjoyed deeply by every one there. Rob Tauxe