Thread: Boeing F4B-4
View Single Post

Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Boeing F4B-4

Greetings,

For those who don't know Roman has created a great new aircraft from the Golden Age...the Boeing F4B-4 in many different liveries. I decided to make one based on board the USS Saratoga. The Felix the Cat 6-F-10.

I spent a good bit of today working on it as the outside temperatures had climbed to 104 degrees in the shade. Even with the A/C on and fan going my work room was a bit warm. Anyway...

This is a great kit! It represents the aircraft flown by the Section Leader (6-F-10 (Leader) and the rest of his section would have flow 6-F-11 and 6-F-12). The parts are well laid out and the instructions are quite easy to follow. For those who like detailed cockpits you got it. I was surprised at how much detail is in that cockpit....even the 1-72nd scale version. All the parts thus far fit real well. I did have a mix up on the alignment on the port side...sorry Felix. That isn't Roman's fault. It is all mine. I'm not sure what I did. When I dry fit the parts all lined up well, but when I got to glueing I noticed I'd off set by about a 16th of an inch. I'm not real happy with the engine cowling. I just need to find a way to smooth it out. Guess I'll call this my practice run before making the others, eh?

Jeff

P.S. Don, background look familiar. Too many projects. Too little time.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing F4B-4-...-so-begins.jpg   Boeing F4B-4-ooops-felix-what-happened.jpg   Boeing F4B-4-bit-better.jpg   Boeing F4B-4-got-good-ways-done.jpg   Boeing F4B-4-next-all-struts.jpg