View Single Post

Old 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a very interesting discussion with much future (possibly distant future) relevance to me. I have three Orliks that I hope to build (all from the Trollischer Treasure Trove, i.e. bought during Ron's Redoubtable Rummage): the Yak/Jak-3, the Supermarine Seafang F.32, and the Mitsubishi A6M3, which can be built as either the Model 32 or Model 22 (so I bought two of them). They all look, in the words of Johnny, "Yummy," and to one of my limited skill and experience, challenging.

For the Yak-3, I have Lukasz Fukasz's and Ted's superlative builds to look to (even though Ted's was not an Orlik), and I am on the qui vive for info on the others.

As near as I can tell, the Seafang has no fuselage joining strips. The Yak and the Zero do, but I cannot tell from the instructional pictures if they are to be glued to the formers or to the skins. If and when I actually begin construction, I will be looking for translations of the instructions and advice from those who have gone before.

Meanwhile, I am closely watching Tbolter put this one together -- and paying attention to such useful comments as Dan's. Not only because it's enjoyable to watch a more skilled craftsman at work, but also because the lessons learned may help me with my Orlik airplanes. And I may some day try the Orlik Hurricane myself.

Apologies for this very long-winded posting, but I love talking with you guys and sometimes I get carried away.

Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 02-21-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Correct typos.