View Single Post

Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
Let me restate and revise my previous advice.

1. Build hull sections 1 (without bow planes), 2, 3 and 4 but do not join the hull sections yet.

2. Build the "keel" and the stand (instructions page 4 bottom). NOTE - the stand pieces (W-4, W-5, W-6 and W-7) need to be laminated to 1mm - I have advised Kooklik to add that note.

3. Join the hull sections.

4. Add the keel to the hull.

5. At this point the hull can rest safely on the stand and will be less susceptible to damage.

6. Add the bow planes.

7. Pick up the construction at the bottom of page 2 and away we go!

With regard to skinning the hull, I first glued the upper strips ensuring they were even with the top of the bulkheads. I then wrapped the lower skins, trimming the upper edge (if necessary) to achieve a butt joint with the upper strip. The most I had to trim was about 1/32" on the second hull section. When joining the hull sections it is possible to adjust the fit by trimming/sanding the protrusions on the preceding section in order to get a nice tight join. I actually never had to do that because of the accuracy of Kooklik's design but it's there if you have to.

On to hull section four, the "keel" and the stand so I can sort of follow my own advice above...

------------------------------------------
Dear Ron
Your notices will be added to the instruction.
Thanks for your worth feed backs.

BR.
----kooklik----