Thread: TROTSKIY is up
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2008, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Dan -- Thanks for the heads up. Lil and I just got back from a film and I checked in to see what was happening and found your Trotskiy alert and the photos of your Trotskiy P-40. I'm very glad to see photos of a Trotskiy and would like to see more. Tomorrow, I may be able to post a Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki in flight that I worked on today instead of grappling with the Hampden.

When Trotskiy ends the IJN series and begins the IJAAF airplanes, I intend to start a new thread and hope that there will be many postings of Trotskiy models.

Trotskiy Seiran version 1.6 (Seiran_v16b) is an aircraft (Tail Number K6-01) intended for Submarine I-400. The heading of the model reads, “Special Attacker [Tokubetsu Kogekiki] Seiran [Mountain Haze, literally: Storm from Clear Skies] Model 11 (M6A1), intended for embarkation aboard I-400 [I-400 Nosei Shiyo], July 1945 [Showa Year 20].” Vertical stabilizers are provided for two other tail numbers of the 631st Naval Air Group: K6-02 and K6-03.

The 1st Submarine Flotilla (submarine aircraft carriers I-400 and I-401 and AM-type scouting submarines I-13 and I-14), with Seiran special attack aircraft of the 631st Naval Air Group [Kaigun Kokutai] were intended to carry out a suicide attack against the Panama Canal, but the war ended before they did so. The floats were for training flights and would not be used during the attack: the aircraft would be launched by catapult without landing gear.

Next up will be the land plane version of the Seiran, the Nanzan.

Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 02-23-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Correct typos.