View Single Post

Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It depends on the model!
On my 1/72 tanks, I like to add the details, paint the edges etc. (at that scale it usually doesn't require a lot of extra work anyway!) Also a lot of errors that are visible to the digital camera are hidden to the naked eye.
However, most of my other models, I would just like to get a result that gives a good impression of the original subject matter. Fiddlers Green aircraft, seem to do this well.

Slightly OT: I also enjoy both the simple build threads and the complex super detailed build threads. Back when I first got into cardmodels, it was a little disappointing when scouring the net, to find plenty of Halsinki build threads (and other complicated models - battleships, etc.) but no build threads of simple kits to encourage the new modeller.

Because of this, it took me ages to feel confident enough to make a contribution on any of the sites. I needed to feel I had reached a certain "standard".
I should also state that I think this community has gone a long way to making this less of an issue. However, we could have more "simple" build threads that show how good a less complex model can be!