View Single Post

Old 08-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Fuselodge assembly done

Ahoy Fellas

After a long honey do list from my first mate back to ships work, Here on this attachment I have the fuselodge assembly complete. I gave it a long burnishing smoothing out all seams. Santa claus I found the coregated bomb bay doors on the printed sheets.Thank you Fly model. With these coregated bomb bay door they are glued on to the fuselodge sides to represent in detail the coregated bomb bay doors in which the Liberator incorporated.I remembered back in 1964 the revell models releast thier B-24 D the bluestreak which portrated the Poleski Raids opperation tidal wave a SNAFU mission. And Airfix 1/72 had the J version there it caused an excitment directing the bomb bay doors The great boxtop art back in those days, It showed the airfix Liberator with the bomb bay doors open like that of the B-17 and the revell model was corect with the coregated bomb bay doors rolled open. a fluke by Airfix showing the bomb bay doors open like that of the B25 and B-17. But they were truely great kits for the day. Ok back to the build I will let the tailgunners compartment dry for a couple more good hours and i will burnish same and do a little more burninshing, Next assembly will be the horizonal stabilizer and Rudder assembly. Here are the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg