View Single Post

Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Jeepers Creepers . . .

. . . I finally finished the peepers.

The Lanchester has been sitting eyeless in Gaza (or headlampless in Habbaniyah) for more than a week, so I decided to try to complete the build.

Photo 1 is a reminder of what the parts look like. The thought of petals leaves me shaking with fear, trepidation, and intimations of incompetency. But I gave it a try, spending an hour or so chivvying petals together with a cocktail stick, applying little dabs of glue, and uttering opprobrious epithets under my breath.

Photo 2: Pretty poor results, but I filled in the gaps with heavy applications of Caran d'Ache Neocolor II of the golden ochre persuasion and dusted the whole enterprise down with Tamiya weathering dust. I also added a little sliver to provide additional bracing. It will have to pass with a push and a shove.

Photos 3 and 4: After developing the photos, I realized that the off side headlamp has a cast in it. I will try aligning them after a night's sleep. The spare tyre is cockeyed, too, but will have to stay that way. The next one will be better.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-14.jpg   FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-15.jpg   FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-16.jpg   FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-17.jpg