View Single Post

Old 09-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Stahlhart's Minute Top Gun F-18 1/263

Here I go again, swinging from jumbo scale to minute scale. Why Top Gun, because you can compare this coming minute project with the real big one that I have done. Again why 1/263, because that's what I get printing 4 pages on one A6 card. The A6Q format I call it.

Here's a picture of the front fuselage (in part only)
Stahlhart's Minute Top Gun F-18 1/263-dsc_0002a.jpg

and the mid-section taken by Nikon D5000.
Stahlhart's Minute Top Gun F-18 1/263-p1090636.jpg

In the process, I have to peel off a layer of the photographic paper to make it thinner to work on. This photo paper was bought in a Dollar shop in Toronto a couple of years ago. It is made in China. CAD1 for 10, what a deal. But the downside is that it is very brittle, prone to crack if you make a curve out of it. What I do is that I first dip the cut out part in water to soften it, take it out of the bath, shape it carefully until it dries out. Sure takes a lot of time and patience.

I'll be retiring the Lumix LX2
Stahlhart's Minute Top Gun F-18 1/263-dsc_0004.jpg
which is still a great camera to use. And take another look of the parts completed by this camera here.
Stahlhart's Minute Top Gun F-18 1/263-p1090635.jpg

Wish me luck to go on with this project which pushes me to the limit. Got eye sore and need rest from time to time. Hope I'll be able to finish it - with a canopy and landing gears. No, no folding wings or detachable landing gears this time, no way.

Papermate