Thread: Panther turm
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2010, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
1st photo
A light weathering with airbrush and acrylics. Applied green to look like moss on the damp walls of the stairwell. I also punctured the holes on the graphics of the kit walls.
2nd photo
Turret painted and lightly weathered with pencil lead 2B and pastel chalk (some of the redish dots). I used very basic painting techniques. Pre-shading and then tone variations of the same color to add life. Finally the pastel chalks. This time I even used them directly, no grinding and use of a brush.
Also noticeable oil stains and rust. The rust color is not much convincing. I tried with diluted pastel chalk powder with an airbrush. Somehow the final color came out a little different form what I expected. Paper doesn’t allow for (much) mistakes…
3rd photo
The volumes are defined and the stairs become an interesting volume, although in the rear.
I painted the edges black to prevent from showing the core of the diorama, when I would apply the finishing black cardboard.
The camouflage net is nylon net used in the supermarket here in Portugal, to pack onions and garlic. I first coated with lacquer in spray (spray can, black) and then a second coat with an acrylic mix of black and brown.The gravel is H0 railroad ballast from Woodland Scenics.
4th photo
My hinges assembly is crude. I’m showing it here because they were my first and I’m having fun doing these little details. I used to work with plastic kits, remove a part, clean it up and glue it in place. We don’t even realize the complexity of the smallest part. With paper everything has to be made from sheets.
5th photo
A side view of the finished diorama

More photos will follow
Rgds
Carlos

Attached Thumbnails
Panther turm-pt-stairs-01pm.jpg   Panther turm-pt-turret-03pm.jpg   Panther turm-pt-volumes-finished-01pm.jpg   Panther turm-pt-door-03pm.jpg   Panther turm-pt-bunker_lh-01pm.jpg