View Single Post

Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
An airplane flying over

Another update, but today not quite on the subject of the "Oranje". The prospect of assembling 14 life boats and 28 davits consisting of 84 parts seemed too much of a bore, and since I happened to get my hands on an authentic 1950's card model of the Fokker F-27 "Friendship", a succesful DC-3 successor build as a twin engined turboprop in 1956, I decided to make a copy of the fragile card model and start building that as an interlude. Unfortunately, I forgot to make pictures during building, so I can only show some pics as ready.
The original card model is printed on a cardboard sheet of 81 x 38 cm, so I had it copied on 5 A-3 sheets, such, that the major parts would be on one sheet. The construction is simple and straight-forward. The only additional detailing I did was open the cockpit and cabin windows and glaze them with transparencies, and add an undergear, so it could sit properly on a flat surface.
Meanwhile I kept thinking how to reduce the boring work of making the life boats and the davits. What I came up with is the subject of the next update.
So, see you next time.
Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-26-1-card-model-f-27-1950s-copied.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-26-2-f-27-topview.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-26-3-f-27-rear-view.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-26-4-f-27-front-view.jpg