View Single Post

Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.60 MB
How to improve this forum?

Hello,

This forum is really great and i come here everyday to see what is new. But with so many people and threads here, the forum become a little bit unnoticed.

In categories is so many off-topic threads. Where should be only model builds threads is many threads with questions, info's and other non-building things. In category "How to use this forum" i found a thread about C130 Hercules model - and many more examples can be found.

Another thing is about thread names - in many instances is impossible to discover, what is in this thread. I mean threads names like this: "My new model", "some tanks" , etc.

Why i refer to this? Because i am going everyday on CPM forum ( czech papermodelers forum - www.papirovemodelarstvi.cz ) where is all the things mentioned upwards banned!
It really helps the forum to look very profesionall. On polish forum's is same order.
I have nothing against this forum or his administrators, but little bit more "discipline" can really help this forum to look better.

On CPM:

Every thread should have a correct name - in this standart:
Name of the model/author of the model(not builder )/scale

For example:
Mil mi 24 Hind/ Halinski models/1:33
USS Enterprise NCC 1701/ Own design/ 1:?¨
etc.

categories with questions and info's is automatically cleaned. Other categories is cleaned from old threads only, if the thread is not important for other modelers.

Model photos must be in good quality. Bad photos is not accepted.
Good photo is sharp, good lighted and ideally photographed on some one-color background ( blue/white paper)

Everybody, who not respect this rules is banned ( on CPM ). I know, it sounds despotic, but - believe me - it really helps the forum.

That's all i want to say. I have nothing against this forum and his administrators, it is only tips.
Freedom is really nice, but freedom without any rules is a way to chaos.

PS:
sorry for mistakes. I know english language only from PC games. In school i learn russian and german language.

PPS:
I hope this thread is in good category:o