View Single Post

Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
First, let me thank you for your nice comments!

@Gregg: I hope that you'll find enough inspiration to try it. If you want some more close-up pics, just say so

@Miles: I attached 2 pics with a 1-cent-coin. Hope it translates the dimensions

@Wyvern: The interior of the passenger train is my own creation, see the 3rd pic below. The whole dike and the passenger dock i did on my own, see pics 4+5, as well as the tables (including a menu card ) and chairs for the harbour restaurant, see pic 6. All was made with Corel.
There are some other small details i added on my own (warehouse interior, crane operators and gangways).

@George: Thank you so much, but no, the diorama is not in a public display. It rests quietly in my glass cabinet. The baseplate has a size of 30x60cm.

@zeawolves77: Thank you, well, not all is made from paper... There are some photo etched parts like the railing, crane parts and train equipment.

@Tappi: Thank you, i'm glad, you like it. The dire strait out of the harbour is more a concession to my limited space in my cabinet. In reality, i think it's not too bad
The figures are 1:220 plastic figures from Preiser. I colored them myself and they really fit well in the scenery (see pic 7). The difference in size to 1:250 is so minimal, you don't notice it.

@Kevin and monkeyrum: Thank you both!
Attached Thumbnails
Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-13.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-14.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-15.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-16.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-17.jpg  

Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-18.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-19.jpg