View Single Post

Old 11-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, now we can draw. Using a combination of the tools in the toolbar I mad a 1/2 plan of the deck. Do not waste time doing the whole on something like this, (as I used to do). It will be quicker and more accurate to copy the half and flip in, the put the two halves together, but that's later. Now for some fun. I use the camera button to view that back side, then the orbit button to tilt the model, finally I use the push pull button to pull up the main deck from the waterline, a free-board of five feet. Then I click on the drawing and it should light it up with a blue outer line. Now I click on "edit" then push hide, to get the drawing out of the way. Then use the camera button to get to the "bottom" view in the "Standard views".

Now using the scale button I pull in the back and sides to fit the angles of the drawing. I leave the front alone as the pow is pretty straight in this drawing. This takes some practice using the scale button, but it is a hand tool. I also use the "front" "back", "left" and "right" buttons in the standard views to help me make it look right. Because the scale button use percents, you can probably do a bunch of math to get the exact angles.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Texas how to with Google Sketch up.-css-texas-4.jpg   CSS Texas how to with Google Sketch up.-css-texas-5.jpg   CSS Texas how to with Google Sketch up.-css-texas-6.jpg   CSS Texas how to with Google Sketch up.-css-texas-7.jpg