View Single Post

Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Re: Need some help with recoloring a Caudron G3... (and identifying the designer)

Hi, Chris

I'm already customer to on your site but i just discover this forum.

I'm a French Modeler ( paper and plastic ), i'm also a webmaster for a French site of WWI plane models., i can help you about the G3, i've alredy begin the design one in 1/32 scale and to do that i've get the documentations availble in the French Museum of Le bourget ( 3 views draw, some details and the list of ALL docs about the G3 and G4 in the french museum ).

The First Thing is the 3 first Pictures you post , I think the second one isn't the true color maybe repaint after the war for some exibitions the roundel are very strange in this time english roundel have 3 colors not the yellow circle around ?????., the third one seem very near the real color of the G3.
i dont have any color pohto for the G3 but i found am amazing scratch build of the G.4 ( very near in therme of detail and color ) you can found here.
there is a beautiful monographie about the G.3 in Albatros Windsock Datafile collection with a lot of B&W Picture , 3 vies drawing and 2 or 3 profiles in them.

If i undertstand you want to recolor it with the color of C.11 french Escarille ? if it's true you can find informations about this escadrille ( sorry there are in french, but i can try to translate them in english ) here

So after that if i can help you in this job i try to do something for you, you can contact me.

P.S. I'm sorry for my english but French people don't be very good foreigners speeker.