Thread: Sci-Fi Game
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What I think that is important

These are the things I believe to be important:

1) Background. There are already games around this concept. I played some and the are a few good ones. Praector/Leviathan/Centurion/Inteerceptor for once, Classic Battletech toyed with the idea and several mini games have the strategic - tactic duality inserted in their games. I would try to find a universal concept that was new and fresh before I start creating images, or I'd create images until I found out a concept interesting and sound.

2) Mechanical adaptability. The system must allow easy translation from one part of the game to the next. And back. A good strategic game must have a good economic system. The drive to conquest must be some kind of economic profit that helps the war effort.

3) The number of tactical games. a) Space combat. Huge ships attacking and defending a stellar system. b) Orbital defense. Dropships fall and fighters and mecha(?) swoop around trying to protect or destroy the dropships. c) Ground Combat. Infantry, armor, fighters, bombers and mecha(?) fight to dominate the planet.

4) Bookkeeping. Must be easy and clean. Normally isn't.

5) Dice. D6 for simplicity and because it is the easiest to find? Or other dice?

6) Type of Universe. Pure science? Space Opera? Aether bound? Fantasy-Scifi? Near future?

7)Number of factions. How many. Eache faction will make the game more deep, but more work heavy.

8) Packaging. E-books? Each book a game? And the integration with the other games in each book?

These are my first questions.

How do you plan to coordinate efforts? And to put to stone ideas?

Kind regards,

Joaquim