View Single Post

Old 01-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yes its late and tomorrow I have classes to give, so this will be my last post and tomorrow we'll go on.

1) I have the game already written down (I've done it today while discussing here). I only need to make 4 simple 2D models and cards just for people to try it out. If it doesn't work I can alter/transform dish it out and start again.

2) It's very easy to learn and all three games will have (if it works) the same basic rules or guidelines with different rules for being different ways to combat. Let's say that big ships will be a game of slow dance, fighters, gunboats and dropships will be a game of fast and deadly maneuver and the ground combat will be a game of armor and cover. All with the same philosophy but different dynamics.

3) We can add models with a small sheet of special rules and fluff with it. That would be something great.

4) The strategic rules are the rules that join the three games in one big Operational campaign. Imagine a group of players playing a race each and playing for several months, all the Saturdays the battles that they joined during the Strategic (Operational) game. During the turn 1 of the Operational game they moved their fleets. Player A seized a node point that protects his Homeplanet from assault coming from several Hyperstreams. Player 2 launched an assault fleet against a colony belonging to Player C that was seeing it coming and defended it with two cruisers and 1 entire ground unit. Now during the weekend, all this movements that found two players fleets in the same place will lead to battles. Tactical. Using our three games along the way.

That's it.

See you tomorrow.