View Single Post

Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Yea I'm not saying that missiles are bound to miss, it's simply giving more room for interception, say you are targeting a capital ship at the back of the enemy line, under the current ruleset if I understand correctly the missile only exists during the one turn, and only the target itself would be able to defend against the incoming missile, while a more realistic situation is as the missile flies through the screen of smaller ships in front of the capital ship, those ships will [of course,] also try and intercept the incoming missile albeit it's not aiming for them.
Think of it as the ship that fired the missiles to have done it some time before. The distance between the ships will decide the capacity in jamming, targeting and using all types of ECMs against the incoming missiles. Not writen in the given rules, but already writen down in my test games is the following rule:

"All friendly ships that are near the target ships and with PD range of it can use its PD weapons to target enemy missiles, torpedoes and squadrons."