View Single Post

Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@Blackronin on the Hard shell:
Quote:
I don't like the -2 in the weapons side. I personally wouldn't use a ship that being normally with a defense 4 could be hit in a place where it has a defense 2. To treble a defense 2, 6 in fact, it's so easy that the minuses is much worst than the Defense 6 on the other side.
Perhaps -1 will be enough to demonstrate that the bottom indeed is a soft spot.

On the other theme - I don't like automatic Critical hits at doubles and Explosions at triples - I'd prefer to make it a fifty-fifty possibility by 4+ D6 throw instead of automatic critical hit when double, and when triple on D6 1-3 critical hit, 4+ explosion. It can be tweaked, but I'd prefer to have option of blind luck.

On shooting:
Quote:
Correct. All weapons can fire once against one target. If you have more than one ship in one firing arc, and you have three weapon systems in that firing arc every weapon system can fire once against one of the ships, but they can fire against different ships.
Hmm. You've meant "All weapons can fire once against one target in each arc (or two arcs if the numbers are on the borderline)"? Or the ship can only fire each kind of it's weapon once per turn (no matter in which direction)?