View Single Post

Old 07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
1/48 Rolls Royce Pattern 1920 AC Slievenamon recolour

After seeing Romans nice design I suggested a recolour of the Slievenamon, some of the history buffs among us will love reading the full details of this Rolls Royce Armoured car. It was one of the four vehicles that made up the convoy to Cork by Michael Collins in August 1922 when it was ambushed the vickers gun jammed during the engagment. I hope to have it finished in a few days got a lot of details such as photos of the type of lettering the number that was painted on the hood of the turret If anyohe is interested in doing a diorma of the ambush I have a map and the types vehicles they been a Crossley tender a 1921 douglas 2 3/4 hp and a Leyland Eight yellow and the Rolls Royce pattern 1920. The black and white picture was taken in the 1920's I was looking for as many pics of the Rolls Royces to get an idea what was written on them and all I have found is that on the slopes of the turret was painted the numbers some had the name painted above the vickers gun trying to find out for sure did the Slievenamon have it written there it does now have it in Irish Sliabh na mban.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARR 2.JPG (114.5 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg ARR 3.jpg (32.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg cars.JPG (22.8 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg recolousample1.jpg (51.0 KB, 131 views)