View Single Post

Old 10-11-2010, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice Work

Barry,

Your Sealand Express is a great model. I was actually cruising the net collecting information on the D9J series Container Ships as I want to build one out of styrene in N scale, 1/160 5.3 feet full size. I'm planning a large seaport complete with container cranes. I was searching for detailed pictures one ship name at a time. Stumbled onto the link for your model during my search. Bought myself a copy. Joined the group and read the entire post on building the model.

I am not much on ship designing, I'm more of a builder. I have converted a few card model freighters from WILHELMSHAVEN into 1/160 plans. The first freighter is just starting to come together. But I just had to have a simi-modern deep water container ship and after seeing the D9J's I decided that was the type I wanted to build.

I was having a lot of trouble finding how the ship looks topside. Your model and pictures will give me a big jump start on creating my plans and building my fleet. I found some guys on facebook who worked on the D9J's and they had posted some really nice photos.

Thanks again

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.