Thread: UK club
View Single Post

Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
This may be a bit late, but you may like to follow the example of the UK card modellers group. Tim may or may not know that he is a member just because he was at the Museum at the weekend. It's a very informal group- we meet on an irregular basis (When I remember to organise a dinner) and talk about any topic that comes up - not just card models.

So, what you do is go to the IPMS web site, find out where and when there will be an exhibition then call the organising club and ask if you can have some space - That's what I did for the Milton Keynes show and we have been welcomed back for the last 4 or 5 years. You should decide on a name because organisers are used to dealing with model clubs rather than individuals. Next advertise "your" show on the forum and hope others answer your call. Even if you only meet at one show a year, you will find loads to talk about.some of the people at the museum this weekend had never met but we still managed to leave with a smile ;-)

The advantage of using the IPMS is that all the organisation and adverising has been done for you and you don't have to hire a hall etc.... You also get comments like "This makes a change from all the plastic planes"

Blitzbob, I wish you good luck with a Kent club. You may have seen my emails about the recent show at the Museum of London - no one from Kent contacted me, and Kent is just a train ride from London........ well, a lot of it is !

Cheers
Mike