View Single Post

Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.42 MB
The Medieval City - take two

Here is the start of my version of 'THE BIG BOOK' (VELKA KNIHA).
And a big book it is, about 4cm thick and all in Czech. My Cz to English dictionary is small, but enough to get started. The diagrams are a big help I have included a photo of a typical page of instructions and diagrams and of the cover of my book. My translation of Mestska Pamatkova Reservace is Town Imaginary Site or in english order Imaginary Town Site. Not being at all a Czech linguist I will accept any corrections.

I remember the ad for the book said the scale is 1:160 but have not found this listed in the book. Things like door sizes and window heights bear this out. Some of the building footprints seem small but selctive compresion is done in model railroading all the time. I think this project would fill a whole room if all were to exact scale.

This will be a long term project for me, maybe a year or two, so those who wish to follow expect spurts of work and then some lean times. I do expect to get to the end of this project (and propably several others in between now and the end).

House No. 1 is still under construction.

George
Attached Thumbnails
The Medieval City - take two-i_towncover.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-diagram-page.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-gate-wall.1.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-gate-wall.2.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-no.-1.2.jpg  

The Medieval City - take two-house-no.-1.1.jpg