View Single Post

Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Seeing Greg's completed Sherman in October at the IPMC got me fired up to finish this project once and for all. I must say with out Greg leading the way, troubleshooting those bogies, I don't think I would have ever made it this far. So I must thank him for that.

As you can see all of the running gear is in place with the exception of the tracks (which by the way are a simple band construction, no individual links.)

So far the fit has been pretty good however there were some pieces here and there that did not fit well at all. For example the Air intake(...?) in the back was a horrible fit. I had to take that whole assembly very slow and fit each piece one at a time to get it right. An other major fit issue was with the hub on the idler wheels in the back. It was about 3/16" too long making alignment with the road wheels impossible. After a bit of trimming and re gluing the alignment is now perfect. Moving forward with the tracks should now be smooth sailing.

Hope you enjoy these updated pictures.
It's all up hill from here!
Attached Thumbnails
GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0518.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0519.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0522.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0523.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0524.jpg  

GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0525.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0526.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0528.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0529.jpg