View Single Post

Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspacemike View Post
Your further along than I am. I currently did a test piece to check on the profile. I like this little drone because it is very aerodynamic. The initial test looks good, did it with typing paper. Should have used card stock, but this is just a test. I am using descriptive geometry (and trig) to figure all the curves and angles (old school). I will confirm with program in the next few days. Hope you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
The M/D-21 (The name of the compined aircraft) was kept so secret that my Dad, who worked on the Astral Navigation system for the SR-71, denied that there was a drone, until we saw one in the local air museum (The Blackbird program was very compartmentalized).
Looks good Mike but my idea of old school is the hand drawn map in the photos, I like math though...

Murphy I am completely blown away that this thing existed in 1960. I wonder what else we don't know about...

Photos of old school method of looking at the lines. I am working on Sneezy so this one is gonna sit for a few days...
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed D-21 Drone 1:35 Scale-img_0111.jpg   Lockheed D-21 Drone 1:35 Scale-img_0112.jpg   Lockheed D-21 Drone 1:35 Scale-img_0113.jpg