View Single Post

Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papekuraviewer View Post
wow, your build is so clean , rather than me :(
can you give some advise to how to build like that,

great build
Thanks, I'll try. I goes slow, apply glue with toothpick to the tab and glue them one tab at a time. Making sure it hold before moving on to the next tab. I use Aleenes tacky glue. It hold really fast, almost like super glue. I will have a lightly moisten towel on the side. Every time I done handling glued part. I would rub my fingers on it to get glue residue off before handling parts again. If somehow I got glue on surface or excess glue between glue tabs. I will gently rub it off with a rubber cement eraser(Best Test Pik-Up). It will remove most, if not all dry glue. It works really well with Aleenes tacky glue, but only if I already sprayed 3~4 coats of clear fixative at the beginning before the build. If the surface not protected with clear coats or the clear coats are too light. The eraser not only pick up the dry glue, but texture too. And sometime it even break surface. So, go slow and protect the surface with fixative. Dry fit parts before applying glue. But, most times, it was just dumb luck that I built a clean model.