View Single Post

Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
IPMS participation

We have a couple different efforts underway right now. I have been chatting with Dick over at IPMS USA and he thinks we are going about being accepted into IPMS very well.

We agree we are only lacking on one key point. Clear and consistent participation in events and shows.

Bill Perry tried hard as heck to get some participation in one of the shows he went too and I think had pretty much no other participation besides his entries. This is something we need to overcome if we want to be accepted as an official category with real judging standards etc etc.

I am hoping that people on here that have shows in their area will try to promote them here if they plan on going. I know many people here generally arent really into IPMS as us being part of it is a newish concept. If someone KNOWS they will go, I will sponsor a trophy best card model in show.

For now we will need to enter in the MISC category OR the Genre category for the model if preferred/required.

I offered up one thing that they really liked which was having a paper modeler either ON the judging panel if qualified OR as a judging consultant for paper models to help educate the judges and or other participants on the inherent strengths and weakness's of our craft that should be examined for scoring.

If interested - give a shout!
Chris