View Single Post

Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
what i was trying to say is that the logo probably can't be used in the UK until IPMS give FSPM the status of SIG, or I would imagine they might not like the use of the IPMS globe in the logo when FSPM isn't member of the UK IPMS. There has been some heated debate about membership of card modelling recently in the UK IPMS forum, so until it becomes a proper SIG of the UK IPMS, then I'm not sure it would be allowed by IPMS, unless it was made more generic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebla de fuego View Post
I will refrain from voting on my own designs hehehehe

All the parts of the logos can be coloured if necessary: the ribbon, the ocean, the map, and all the other parts. I just couldn't show all the possibilities given the (my) lack of time.

The font can also be changed if needed.

I don't understand clearly why it could be a problem. :(

Actually I have seen variations of the globe in almost every country's IPSM logo.

The local chapter of the IPMS in my own city also has a globe in their logo:

And my country's association has a globe with only the American continent:

Other examples:

What I find weird now that I look at those logos, is that my version uses the 0º/180º meridian as the vertical axis, while all the others use it as the horizontal axis. Probably the polar projection that I used to trace the map was European.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender