Thread: X-31
View Single Post

Old 12-18-2010, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
X-31

A while back I saw a post from Billy Leliveld about not being able to find a model of the X-31. So I saw that it was out of print. I then got curious about what Billy was talking about. Looked it up and liked it. Then I saw that it took Billy 3 years to find one. Well I didn't want to wait that long so I cranked up the design software and went to work. I saw the website Billy linked to for the photos of the build so I started at the rear of the plane as that is the most interesting part and am working my way to the front. Here are some pics, I think I am going to build the german vector version of this plane as it has lots of graphics that look good, and is also the easier to find photo reference to,
Tail section
Vector Bottom Graphic

Vector Paddles

Long View.

I used printed sheets of blue on 20# bond paper and then cut them out like decals and glued them onto the white model to get the graphics right and then I will cut it apart and scan it into the computer to use as a seprate layer to get the lines in the right spot on the unwraps.This is doing it the hard way but seems to be fool proof.