View Single Post

Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Paper Cardstock Stomp Rocket Projects

The best part of designing Paper Stomp Rockets?

The limits haven't been found yet. Sure the physics are defined. The actual designing and building of the models is just now starting.

I like to set goals when I start a project. Design goals as well as "Operational" goals.

One design that just screamed for a Stomp Rocket conversion was the very first Liquid Fuel Rocket that Robert H. Goddard designed and then flew on March 16, 1926.

The full size rocket was almost 10ft high, burned fuel for 2 seconds+ and reached 60mph on its way to an Altitude of 41ft.

This model (photos) is exactly 50% scale of the original, except for the 1/2" tubes. At 50% scale they would be 1/4" diameter.

At 1/2" they are way to hard to make for their length. I've tried my long fuselage gluing method as well as rolling and then gluing each section together to make the final length.

I need help/advice on how to do these long tubes without distortion/twisting???

The goal for this project was a full size rocket (1ft = 1ft) that goes at least to 41ft AGL.

No other rocket offers a chance to match the goal that this rocket does.

That goal is now on hold until I learn a new way of doing these small long tubes.

The tubes need to be 62" long at 1/2" diameter to be used for full scale.

The model shown will probably get flown tomorrow as it is getting dark already and the glue isn't dry yet.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Cardstock Stomp Rocket Projects-1st-liquid-fuel-rocket1.jpg   Paper Cardstock Stomp Rocket Projects-1st-liquid-fuel-rocket2.jpg   Paper Cardstock Stomp Rocket Projects-1st-liquid-fuel-rocket3.jpg