View Single Post

Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Cool Ran Briefly (approx. 5-seconds)

Hi Zathros,

Thanks for checking this project out. Great stuff is the spray foam insulation correct?

Thought about getting some, but just wrapped the can with several layers of bubble wrap and then placed it inisde of a foam insulated zip-up case.

The TIG would be great! Haven't done any welding since I used to design and manufacture wood stoves from 1/4" plate steel. The 1/16" copper is .014 wall thickness.

The JB-Weld is holding up perfect!

Had to use my standby hand pump to air the tank up. Standup bike pump broke the plastic end off.

Got it going for about 5-seconds before the cold lowered the fuel pressure again. Todays temp was above 34 deg F outside with rain.

Yes, I jumped!!! Imagine standing next to the barrell of an 30-06 with a round firing every 1/200 of a second. That is as close as I can describe it!

Ears had a ringing noise for 30-minutes. Need to remember the ear plugs next time.

Insulated the fuel can, but not the valve on top. With the system running it frosted up quick and then stopped. When I tried to re-light it, the engine once again did its' imitation of a butane lighter.

Wondering if the double sided tape that has the foam in the middle might work to insulate the top valve. Still need to be able to get to the valve with whatever I use.

The engine is loud for how big it is!

I want to do an extended test run to see if the wire holding the insulation on, will hold before installing onto the model.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer