View Single Post

Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Updated progress....

First, let me say that I apologize for taking so long from my last post to get this phase done. Lets just say, holidays, work, printing issues and too many things going on at once only let me do a little a time. First go round, I had printed the inner wing skins and they were too large. I didn't notice until I glued on one wing tip and saw a very noticeable difference in the trailing edge. So I had to rip off one wing tip and both inner skins and start over....including minor re-gluing of the wing frames. However, looking at the pictures below....it all turned out well if I may say.

Here is the top and bottom of the XP-72 with wing tips attached. She's looking great!!

Will Aldridge's XP-72 Super T-bolt (2 frames)-xp-72_top.jpg Will Aldridge's XP-72 Super T-bolt (2 frames)-xp-72_bottom.jpg

Will, wanted to let you know...as mentioned in the email, the inner skins printed out that same shade of gray which is different from the rest of the plane. I printed both the inner wings and wing tips twice each and they each came out the same shades both times as shown in the pictures. The tail surfaces are the same shade as the inner wing skins which is weird...but I only printed those once.