View Single Post

Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thanks Chris, Don, for watching over me. Yes, Don, I'd very much like to see this built as well. But I've done some serious thinking of what I'm up to, actually.

It seems I'm a tinkerer much more than a builder, although I enjoy the little building I do very much as well. To boot, I have little perseverance. This is not a good trait, and that's why I'm actually very well pleased with having brought some bright idea to some sort of completion.

Now, it seems I've got numerous started projects lying around, just-not-quite finished. Just the other day I got reminded about the Avia BH-5. And there are others. I think it would be a good exercise for me to try to bring a few more of these started-but-not-finished projects to the same kind of completion.

What's the use of this kind of work? Here's what I'm thinking. If you, Don, or Chris, came to me and said: "Hey, I've got this fabulous new card model from Poland I bought, and another one equally fabulous I downloaded. I know you have them, too, and that you like to tinker with these things. Would you like to try to combine them for me? I'd like to build a model like that."

And let's say I did that for you. Would that in any way infringe on the copyrights of either party? I can't imagine how. It would be a gift and a sharing among friends, both having bought the respective models as originals.

So, what would you say if I offered to share the winter model of the KK/BPM Po-2 with anyone of established standing on the site stating their wish to build the model, communicating to me proof of also having purchased both models? Not as a general upload, only by private communication, and on those terms.

I'd like to do that very much. Would it be alright, you think?

Leif