View Single Post

Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
sorry, but I disagree.

This is a "forum"...forums are designed to be discussion arenas.
No arguments...sometimes debates...mainly discussions.
Allowing everyone to voice their opinions and ideas relating to the "Discussion Subject" in each thread.

Its a paper model....
its a fairly unique design of paper model.
its a little different presentation of a paper model.
its a model of a bicycle.
its not a cheap model.
Zathros doesn't like it and wouldn't pay the asking price for it...
we get it.

That doesn't mean you get to call it a "rip off"

I don't know of anyone else producing and selling this model at a lower price...so I can't call it a price "rip-off".
I can see the model, see what I am getting, know the price up front and can make my own decision as to whether I want to buy it...so, its not a Sales "rip-off".
As long as the model that I purchased shows up in the mail, I can't call it a "rip off" period.

if it turns out to be less than expected...I might think I have been "ripped-off'
but you (Zathros) don't have that evidence!

Your opinion of whether this "bicycle" is art or not, is also not part of the discussion subject.

Zathros, you did "attack" the model and its price (in my opinion)
comparing it to other totally non-related models
...and you went further as to state that it is not "art".

You also made a point of announcing to us why you think this model is not art.

Of course a paper model of the Staute of Liberty IS art...just like a painting or sketch of the same statue, a clay or bronze sculpture or any other form of artistic representation.
Although I do respect your opinion and your right to speak your mind, thats a ridiculous statement my friend.
It might not fall into exactly the same categories of "art", but its still an artistic representation.
And, an "artistic representation falls into the category of "art".

But worse, its an absolutely non-productive argument within this thread.
And it breeds responses (like this one) that are just as non-productive.

If you would like to start a thread about what everyone's opinion and argument of what is "art" then we can do that...and then you and I can argue that point.
But why are we arguing that idea here?

Too many times, and too often recently, we have devolved from "discussion" into slam, attack, debase, defame and argument.
I'm not singling out individuals, or pointing fingers...but yes, I am including myself in that group.

We need to stop doing this.
Thats why many members have chosen to leave or are threatening to leave our great community.