View Single Post

Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
The thing is, though, that Dave Brown speaks about all those purchased documents as if most of the people in the modelers world would not be aware of this. Up-Ship is quite well known, IMHO, although I never have bought blueprints from them.
And, further, if Dave is in the know about Leo Cherkashyn, Ton Noteboom and Greelt Peterusma (who seems to have retired from modeling entirely), why would he not contact them directly? Especially Ton and Leo are quite well approachable - and they have their own website.
And thirdly, Why, if he's such a keen modeler - with a wish list, why is he not here or with the neighbours?
Then he would have known that people like Yogi design their models with Excel (of all apps!) and that it works fine!
I also think it's a bit strange to assume Jonathan has never heard or seen the Ralph Currell models. The paper space model global village isn't that big.
just some thoughts...

--EDIT--
Wouldn't it have been easier to just tell and link to some (free available) documents? Isn't it a bit silly to think people in these communities never have heard about MAKS and the single stage to orbit S1C?
to answer some of these questions:

1) he tried to contact leo he got no repsonse. I cut that part out of the "wish list" as it was not relevant.
2) I'm not sure he knows about the paper modeling community and this forum all that well, I have not invited him yet, I've only just heard from him this past saturday.
3) Not sure what you mean about ralph currell, As far as assuming I have not heard of RC, I know I always assume that someone has not heard of xyz and list it no matter what as well. this is not a surprise to me that he does the same thing.